A linux geek since the school days and fortunately started my job around linux and devops. I am always interested in helping out people over IRC and mailing lists. I have also contributed to opensource projects like Logstash and Grok debugger
This team handles the reverse proxy for LinkedIn at our Point of Presences and Datacentres.
- Apache Traffic Server, HAProxy, Salt, internal Service Discovery server build over DNS
This team works on managing our public DNS servers, multiple Content Delivery Networks and synthetic monitoring of our infrastructure.
- Took ownership of multiple PoP ramps.
- Overhauled an internal certificate inventory tool with a completely new backend to support more certificate types
- CDN evaluations before we onboard them to our website
I worked in the hosting team and was involved in bootstrapping a new product around dedicated server hosting for Bigrock. It was a team of two people, me and my manager.
- Managing internal cloud based on Openstack icehouse release used by different teams for testing purposes.
- Day to day administration of dedicated hosting product which is on top of openstack.
- Setting up a new dedicated hosting infra using OpenStack Havana release
This team involed maintaining the email infrasturcture that served millions of users.
- Sole contributor to the log analytics platform using the ELK stack. It was mostly used to search logs and do analytics over email logs for business metrics. I also pushed code to opensource projects namely logstash and grok debugger as and when I found bugs.
- Developing multiple milters in python language for postfix to mark/tag emails and take appropriate actions
- Sole contributor in setting up the Open-Xchange collaboration platform which was released a month before I left the team.
- Move email quota usage store from postgres to Redis so that reads/writes are faster.
- Setting up spamassassin and integrating it with already existing spam solution by writing a custom postfix milter.